Students will learn crucial conflict management skills, including dealing with anger and using the Agreement Frame. Handling conflict appropriately is an important skill set in any organization. If left unchecked or unresolved, conflict can lead to lost production, absences, attrition and even lawsuits. This course teaches best practices for managing and defusing conflicts.
Student Learning Outcomes
This training will share best practices for recognizing and handling conflict, including the following:
- Understanding what conflict and conflict resolution look like.
- Learning all six phases of the conflict resolution process.
- Identifying the five main styles of conflict resolution.
- Adapting the resolution process for all types of conflicts.
- Selecting parts of the resolution process as tools for conflict prevention.
- Improving basic communication skills through the Agreement Frame and the use of open questions.
- Developing basic anger- and stress-management techniques.