Begin your career in the security industry with this course pack that bundles our popular 20-Hour Unarmed Certification with Taser Training.
The 20-Hour Unarmed Security Certificate course prepares students for entry-level positions in the security industry, as an unarmed security officer or guard in many parts of the U.S., including the District of Columbia. You’ll receive basic training on the responsibilities of private security officers, including patrolling and incident reporting. This course also covers the fundamentals of criminal and civil law.
In addition, our AXON certified instructors will provide introductory training on how to carry, store, deploy and operate TASER CEWs safely and effectively, for de-escalation and self defense.
Upon completion, you will have learned:
- Criminal and civil law basics
- An overview of services offered by the security industry
- In-depth responsibilities of private security officers
- Technology associated with TASER 7
- The nomenclature and operation of the TASER 7 and its cartridges
- Proper care and troubleshooting techniques
- CEW smart use considerations
- Tactical considerations with CEW use
- Proper probe placement and aiming
- Safe handling of CEWs
The course also addresses the following TASER-related topics:
- Public safety considerations
- Decision making and force options
- Medical issues and risk alleviation
- Effects on the human body
- Effects on animals
- Setup and operation
- Probe deployment
- Probe removal
- Personal safety protocols
- Legal issues
Newcomers to the security industry can start by training to become an unarmed security guard. This position is an excellent stepping stone to becoming an armed security officer or a shift leader.